Wednesday, July 11, 2018

One Month!

   Last Thursday was officially my one month mark! I had my second post op appointment two weeks ago and it went okay. I'm supposed to be able to open my mouth about 22 mm and could only hit about 13, and as of yesterday I can almost hit 30!
   There's not much pain, mostly just lots of clicking. My bottom lip and chin, my gums, and the roof of my mouth are still completely numb. I eat a lot of pasta, and have recently started shredding chicken from Raising Cane's and Chick-fil-A and am able to eat it (just no chewing)! This month I can start "barely chewing."
   This is my third week back at work and it's getting easier every shift. I've found ways to keep up my energy so that I don't tire as easily (naps are still needed sometimes though). For the most part my routine has returned to normal and I'm very excited about that.
   The swelling has gone down SO much, even since my last post! I'm slowly starting to get used to my "new face" as I call it. The swelling is mostly just around the bottom of my face, and I'll be very excited when that goes away! I have another post op appointment tomorrow, I will try to update shortly after :)

Day 36:
Pain: only on occasion
Nausea: none
Headache: occasionally
Emotions: normal
Tired: I can go without a nap!
Craves: no specific foods, I just miss chewing!





No comments:

Post a Comment

One Month!

   Last Thursday was officially my one month mark! I had my second post op appointment two weeks ago and it went okay. I'm supposed to b...