Friday, June 15, 2018

Day 7

(Post was written 6/12/18, just had trouble posting)
IT HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN ONE WEEK!!!
One week ago today, I was undergoing surgery. Today, I was able to drink out of a bottle for the first time, I had friends and family come visit and was able to talk pretty clearly, and I also got to eat mashed sweet potatoes (not liquid)! The swelling in my face has decreased significantly, though it does have a nice yellow tint to it right now because of bruising. The inside of mouth is still pretty swollen, so it makes it hard to open my mouth to talk or eat. I'm also still numb on the roof of my mouth and my chin. Although I can't lift my lip up very far (due to swelling) I'm pretty sure they cut the little piece of skin that connects your gums to your lip. I brush my teeth with a little baby toothbrush and a (clean) mascara wand. I use prescription mouthwash instead of toothpaste right now, and I also use it to rinse. 

Alright! So, here's the foods and liquids I'm eating to keep up with my calorie and liquid intake:
-Ensure (it's way too sweet, I won't lie, I cry when my mom hands me a cup)
-Smoothies
-Whipped Potatoes
-Gatorade
-Ice Cream
-Fruit/Veggie Squeeze Pouches (the kind you give to little kids)
-Soup/Broth

Foods I plan on trying this week:
-Mashed Sweet Potatoes (tried tonight, my tongue was confused about the non-liquid texture)
-Mashed Avocado
-Scrambled Eggs
-Soup with very thin, cut, and overcooked noodles

Day 7:
Pain: not much, only when I laugh, and then I get some pain over night
Nausea: not unless I don't eat enough when I take medicine!
Headache: Occasionally, but usually only food related
Emotions: mostly normal
Tired: I can usually go without a nap during the day now
Craves: Pasta, Whataburger, Chinese food





1 comment:

  1. Wow girl!!! The swelling is going down!! I know it has more to go. You’re looking great!!!!

    ReplyDelete

One Month!

   Last Thursday was officially my one month mark! I had my second post op appointment two weeks ago and it went okay. I'm supposed to b...