Friday, June 8, 2018

Day 3

I thought about making individual posts for the days I skipped, but to be honest, I was either asleep or drugged through most of it. Yesterday was my first day home and it. was. awful. I wanted so badly to be back in the hospital with medicine on demand and have a bed I could control. But instead my mom woke me up every 6 hours for ibuprofen and randomly inbetween for food or other various medicines. Yesterday I used my pain killers throughout the day but today the ibuprofen has been good to me. My chin is still mostly numb, but I get what I call little "zingers," there's little shocks where the nerves are trying to heal themselves. The swelling isn't much worse today than it was yesterday, but there is new bruising. It's on the lower right side of my jaw and also across my chest. I was able to get up and take a bath today as well, which seems like a small victory, but it is a victory none the less. Eating is hard to keep up with, calories are hard to consume in liquid form but my mom and grandma are helping me a lot. I apologize for how unflattering the pictures are, but this is what I look like :)





I've made little charts of my various states so I'll include yesterdays as well.

Day 2:
Pain: 6-7, very annoying
Nauseous: Yes
Headache: Yes
Emotions: Sad
Tired: Extremely
Craves: Pico de gallo, chinese food, queso

Day 3:
Pain: 5-6, I can feel the nerves trying to heal themselves
Nauseous: Occasionally
Headache: Only on sides
Emotions: Frustrated
Tired: A couple naps were needed
Craves: Whataburger, Funyuns

4 comments:

  1. Girl just think about it.....it’s done and over with!!! Now the healing begins!! Hey I think there’s a song with words like that. Tenth Avenue North “Healing Begins” listen to some music and praise God for getting you through this!! And why is there bruising on your chest? That’s kinda bad weird hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you have mom blend up whataburger onion rings? Blend up a whataburger cheeseburger? It’s not like chewing it, but at least you get the flavor.
    Can you tell the difference from the inside of your mouth? Doesn’t it feel different? Do you have stitches in your mouth? Do you have to rinse after each meal? Is it with an antiseptic like Listerine?
    When do you go to the doctor’s office next? What will they do? I hope you don’t mind all the questions. Just curious. Praying the pain goes away soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, it looks like swelling is going down and you were beautiful before and still beautiful after!! Don’t worry about that. Just get yourself healed up! And read and pray!!
    When do you go back to work?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also I changed my profile pic.
    I was doing laundry and before you know it Oliver found a pair of my underwear and decides to model it for the whole world to see!!!!
    Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete

One Month!

   Last Thursday was officially my one month mark! I had my second post op appointment two weeks ago and it went okay. I'm supposed to b...